Just in case you were trying to come up with ideas for what to do with the delicious Greek yogurt you made last week, I have a suggestion: overnight oatmeal. We are addicted to this stuff in our house because it’s delicious, healthy, and easy to make. If you like bircher muesli, you’ll love this.
Top 5 things about overnight oatmeal
1. It’s ready when you are. No excuse to skip breakfast or a scarf down glazed donut amid the morning rush.
2. Healthy as can be. Protein, oats, fruit, chia… Solid fuel for what lies ahead.
3. Tasty. Could almost pass for dessert.
4. You dress it up the way you like it. Mango and almonds. Apple and maple. Passionfruit and banana. It’s all happening in that little jar.
5. Kids dig it. They’ll be asking you for more.
How do you make it?
Add oats, greek yogurt, milk (we use almond milk), and whatever accompaniments you like to a Mason Jar. (We just eyeball the ingredients, but it’s approximately 1/4 cup oats, 1/4 cup greek yogurt, and 1/4 cup milk – this will make a thicker batch but you can adjust to your preferences. If you use regular yogurt, you’ll need less milk.) Stir. Cover. Put in fridge. Take out in the morning and enjoy!